IT Consulting Services
Our IT Consulting Services are designed to provide you with peace of mind, knowing that our team of skilled technicians are implementing solutions per best practices so your IT infrastructure can allow your business to achieve maximum efficiency and performance.
When your network and computer systems are running smoothly, so is your business. That’s why it makes so much sense to find a reliable and professional Managed IT Services partner to ensure your company is running at peak efficiency.
With IT Consulting Services we can oversee every aspect of your computers and networks. That includes everyday maintenance, assisting with upgrades and new installations, and providing you with reliable Managed IT Services options and a consultation tailored to your business needs and objectives. It’s like having your own in-house IT department, but at a fraction of the cost.
Managed IT Services is the proactive management of an IT (Information Technology) asset or object, by a third party typically known as a MSP, on behalf of a customer. The operative distinction that sets apart a MSP is the proactive delivery of their service, as compared to reactive IT services, which have been around for decades. We have consulted with Managed Services providers on the best solutions they can use for their business and we’d be glad to share and apply that knowledge to your business also.
Break-fix services kick in when something goes wrong. The problem with that is: something has to go wrong.
Downtime can be extremely costly to businesses and therefore needs to be minimized as much as possible.
A break-fix approach comes with a lot of uncertainty and finger-crossing. You may not pay for any maintenance costs for a few months, only to have a major issue the following month that proves to be very costly.
A Managed IT Services Provider (or MSP) manages some (or even all) of a client’s IT services. The MSP takes on the responsibility of monitoring and supporting the service(s) 24/7.
Because managed services are ongoing, they’re proactive in nature. Since one company is focused on a particular service (or the complete IT infrastructure), they really get to know your business processes and are more efficient at dealing with any issues that may arise versus a purely break-fix company that may be looking at your systems for the very first time.
You’ll be preventing problems more than trying to reverse and combat them. A well-maintained system will run more smoothly than one that gets looked at from time-to-time, resulting in less problems and headache.
A managed service is typically offered as a flat rate service, allowing them to be extremely budget-friendly. We have specialized knowledge in helping your business select the right set of tools to run it. One of those may be Managed Services. While 4D IT does not actively offer managed services, our consulting abilities greatly allow for us to guide this portion of your business while leveraging our skillsets in the highest impact, value added approach.
Disadvantages of Break-Fix IT Support
In the traditional break-ﬁx IT support model, your interests are at loggerheads with those of your service provider:
- The break-ﬁx IT support provider has no incentive to make your network as stable as possible.
- They make money every time you have a problem.
- They don’t invest in network management tools because there is no incentive for them to do so.
- You don’t beneﬁt from the latest network management and automation systems.
- It’s often a “best effort” service – response times are variable and guarantees are seldom made.
- If the break-ﬁx IT support provider works slowly, they make more money.
- If they attend to the same problem more than once, you get double-billed for it.
- Your greatest IT disasters are their most proﬁtable jobs. There is no win-win scenario when it comes to break-ﬁx IT support because, in order for you to get the best service and support out of a break-ﬁx service provider, they would have to put your interests above their own. It is a fundamentally ﬂawed model – in fact, the economists have a name for this. They call it the “Agency Dilemma.” It exists whenever a customer relies on a service provider who is not incentivized to achieve the same ends as what the client desires.
Advantages of Managed Services
Unlike the old “break-ﬁx” IT Support model, our Managed Services align the interest of the service provider with those of the client – namely you. Both parties desire for the client’s network to be absolutely stable – because they both lose money when anything goes wrong. In the event of downtime, you lose productivity, while we lose our most precious resource – technical support time. As a result of this alignment, we are incentivized to work harder and smarter to ensure that your network remains 100% stable.
- You pay a fixed monthly fee to keep your network up and running, no matter what.
- There is no limit to the number of hours you can use.
- Managed IT Services Providers are incentivized to keep your network as stable as possible!
- Managed IT Services Providers do all of the proactive maintenance they can to achieve optimal network stability.
- In order to achieve that, they’ve made significant investments in the latest network management systems.
- You enjoy the benefits of enterprise-level automation and monitoring systems.
Actually no! Surprisingly most Managed IT Services cost less than traditional break-fix services, especially when including the true cost of downtime. Remote monitoring, remote maintenance and the prevention of major issues allow a Managed IT Services Provider to be more efficient than a similar break-fix company who is constantly rolling a truck to visit customer sites. Therefore the Managed IT Service company can offer a “better” service without charging more.
- Skilled Technical Support Desk
- Remote Support/Assistance
- Reactive Remediation
- On-Site Support
- Microsoft Server Support
- Networking Support
- Security Support
- Microsoft Office 365 Support
- VMWare Support
- 24x7x365 Infrastructure Support
- After-Hours Patching Support
- Anti-Virus Support
- Anti-Spam Support
- Vendor Liaison
Workstation & Server
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Apple Mac Os
- Reactive Remediation